Lucara Annual Meeting Results
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - June 21, 2013) - Lucara Diamond Corp. (TSX:LUC)(BOTSWANA:LUC)(NASDAQ OMX First North:LUC) ("Lucara" or the "Company") is pleased to report that at the Company's Annual and Special Meeting held today in Vancouver, shareholders approved all of the resolutions put forward at the meeting, namely:
- Receipt of the consolidated audited financial statements of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2012;
- Fixing the number of directors at six (6);
- Appointing PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP as auditor of the Company to hold office until the next annual meeting, at a remuneration to be fixed by the directors of the Company;
- Approval of the Company's Stock Option Plan;
- Approval of a policy dealing with advance notice provisions with respect to the election of directors;
- Electing Lukas H. Lundin, Richard P. Clark, Paul K. Conibear, Brian Edgar, William Lamb, and Eira Thomas as directors to hold office until the next annual meeting. Detailed results of the vote of the election of directors are as follows:
|Lukas H. Lundin
|Richard P. Clark
|Paul K. Conibear
Lucara is a well positioned new diamond producer. The Company has an experienced board and management team with extensive diamond development and operations expertise. The Company's two key assets are the Karowe Mine in Botswana and the Mothae Project in Lesotho. The 100% owned Karowe Mine is in production. The 75% owned Mothae Project has completed its trial mining program.
On Behalf of the Board,
William Lamb, President and CEO
Lucara's Certified Advisor on NASDAQ OMX First North is Pareto Öhman AB.