Financial and Operational Updates
(All amounts are expressed in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated)
- Revenue was $77.9 million or $1,161 per carat (Q3 2016: $38.1 million or $332 per carat)
- EBITDA was $49.8 million (Q3 2016: $12.4 million)
- Ending Q3 cash position of $91.4 million (Year end 2016: $53.3 million)
- Q3 average sales price of $389 per carat (excluding the sale of the Lesedi La Rona), 17% higher than Q3, 2016. Year to date average sales price of $687 per carat (excluding sale of Lesedi La Rona), 11% higher than year to date 2016 (excluding sale of Constellation diamond)
- Year to date operating costs were $32.40 per tonne processed (full year guidance $36.0 to $40.0 per tonne). Year to date mining cost per tonne was $2.45 compared to guidance of $2.70 to $2.90 per tonne and processing cost per tonne was $11.50 compared to guidance of $11.0 to $12.0 per tonne.
- Earnings per share for YTD 2017 was $0.17 (YTD 2016: $0.16 earnings per share)