VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - April 13, 2016) - Lucara Diamond Corp. ("Lucara" or the "Company") (TSX:LUC)(BOTSWANA:LUC)(NASDAQ OMX Stockholm:LUC) announces that its Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders will be held at Suite 2600, Pacific Boardroom, 595 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V7X 1L3 on Thursday, May 12, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. (Vancouver time), for the following purposes:
- to receive the consolidated audited financial statements of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2015 together with the report of the auditors thereon;
- to elect the directors to the Board for the ensuing year;
- to approve unallocated options under the Company's stock option plan;
- to reappoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditor of the Company for the ensuing year and to authorize the directors to fix the remuneration of the auditor; and
- to transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or adjournments thereof.
The record date for the Annual General and Special Meeting is April 7, 2016. The Notice of Meeting, the accompanying Management Information Circular and related meeting materials are now available under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
On behalf of the Board,
William Lamb, President and CEO
Lucara is a well-positioned diamond producer. The Company has an experienced board and management team with extensive diamond development and operations expertise. The Company's main producing asset is the 100% owned Karowe Mine in Botswana. The Company also conducts exploration activities and holds two precious stone prospecting licenses close to its Karowe mine.
The information in this release is accurate at the time of distribution but may be superseded or qualified by subsequent news releases.
The information in this release is subject to the disclosure requirements of Lucara under the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. This information was publicly communicated on April 13, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. Vancouver Time.